Scrap metal is probably the last thing on your mind, but over time scrap can significantly add to your bottom line. You may even have recyclable material hiding in plain sight. Is your scrap metal being removed efficiently so you don’t have to think about it? Are you getting the best price? One way to find out is to conduct a quick metal scrap audit.
A scrap metal audit examines your current recycling process in order to find areas where you can increase scrap volume and efficiencies in your recycling process. The more you collect, sort, and clean your metal before sending it to a recycler, the more money you’ll make.
A scrap metal audit includes:
- A review of your current recycling process
- Determining scrap sources and what types of scrap metal are generated
- Implementing best practices for collecting and storing metal scrap
In addition to financial benefits, there are several environmental benefits to maximizing your recycling. Scrap metal recycling conserves resources such as water, iron ore, and coal. Scrap metal recycling also saves energy as scrap steel takes 75% less energy to process. Recycled copper and aluminum require 90% and 95% less energy respectively. The scrap metal industry diverts nearly 150 million tons from landfills each year. Recycling metal also reduces pollution by cutting greenhouse gases and water pollution.
Contact us if you have questions, need pricing information, or are interested in a metal scrap audit.
Our goal is to make metal scrap recycling easy and rewarding by:
- Leading with trust, respect, and integrity
- Offering competitive pricing and fast payment
- Being flexible and responsive
- Respecting our customers’ time and exceeding their expectations
- Using the latest technology to properly identify and value scrap
- Removing scrap efficiently and hassle-free